> CGI's remote_user()
> rturns $ENV{'REMOTE_USER'};
> While
> sub user_name {
>     my ($self) = self_or_CGI(@_);
>     return $self->http('from') || $ENV{'REMOTE_IDENT'} ||
> $ENV{'REMOTE_USER'}; }
>
> SO if I'm trying to get the login name I should use user_name
> since it will return REMOTE_USER or REMOTE_IDENT
>
> My question is:
>
> What is $self->http('from') ?
> Is it possible/likely that $self->http('from') or
> REMOTE_IDENT will have a value that is not their
> authentication username while REMOTER_USER might be but it
> will never get to REMOTE_USER since one of the others are defined?
>
> I ask because In Perl in aNutshell it's says user_name() is
> unreliable but doesn't say that about remote_user.

No takers huh? Ok, I'll shorten it ;p

Any opinions trying to get the Authentication User Name from CGI this way:

my $user = remote_user() || user_name();

If I'm thinking right that would give me the best chance of getting the Auth name
if there is one and if there is none then $user would be empty right?

What is $self->http('from') in the CGI user_name function above?