Rafaqat Ali Chaudhary wrote:

> Hi every body,

Hello,

> I've got here a script which extracts event logs from Hexadecimal files
> by parsing them for a certain pattern set. The script runs fine on
> Solaris 8 (running on a SUN box) but fails

How does it fail?  What does it do when it fails?  Are there any error
messages?  Perl version?

> on Linux

RedHat?  SuSe?  Debian?  Gentoo?  Perl version?

> or a Windows box.

Win95?  Win98?  WinME?  WinNT?  WinXP?  Perl version?

> Somebody please guide me in this regard. Thanks in advance.

perldoc perltrap
perldoc perlport
perldoc perlwin32

It would help a lot more if we could see the actual code.  (Use copy and
paste, do not retype the code, into an email.)

John
--
use Perl;
program