Andrew Thomas wrote:
> Anyone have any ideas about this - is there a common mistake I
> might be making here?
>
> I am using a simple regex to extract a few pieces of every line of
> a 2000+ line text file then spitting it back into a second text
> file. I can't figure out why but the output file always includes
> every other line from the input file. Any thoughts?

This is my thought:

  You're using /\n/ in your regex? Don't.

Beyond that, you need to tell us a whole lot more. Try starting
with you early school subjects and qualifications, how you related
to your tutor and so on. After that we need to know the people
with major influence in your life, your age and sexual orientation.
Oh, and your program and input format.

Rob