> Anyone have any ideas about this - is there a common mistake I might be
> making here?
>
> I am using a simple regex to extract a few pieces of every line of a 2000+
> line text file then spitting it back into a second text file. I can't
figure
> out why but the output file always includes every other line from the
input
> file. Any thoughts?

Generally it help if you show us a snippet of your code.

I'm guessing that you're opening the file for read, let's call it FILE and
doing a while (<FILE>) loop.  Now, I'd guess your error is that you are
using <FILE> again somewhere within the loop, but without more information,
and ideally some actual code, it's very difficult to debug.

                                        /\/\ark