From: "LI NGOK LAM" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2003 3:13 PM
Subject: How to read multiple files in the same time ?

How can I do this ? Or could it be done ?

Open some files ( unknown number of files ), depends on users demand.
Then start looking for some desired line ( use regex ).

I have an array to carry the info of matched data ( from which file, which line ).
while the $#array is 99 and all files would be closed Result is then print to screen.

However, I am trying not to use looping process like :
open all files, then read a line from file A and try matching,
then read a line from file B and try matching,,
then read a line from file C and try matching,....
until eof of all files or $#result == 99.
and close all file handles...

I hope folks here can understand what I am asking about.
Thanks in advise

Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo E-mail Protegido Terra.
Scan engine: VirusScan / Atualizado em 24/07/2003 / Versão: 1.3.13
Proteja o seu e-mail Terra: http://www.emailprotegido.terra.com.br/