Hi Jeff,

You may get a more informed response from the mod_perl mailing list.
([EMAIL PROTECTED])

But I would generally get perl installed, then worry about updating getting
a mod_perl enabled apache installed
(http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#A_Summary_of_a_Basic_mod
_perl_Installation).

(http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/install/install.html for mod_perl2)

The database is quite independant of this process. The only thing that is
dependant is the DBI drivers for MYSQL. Get those installed after perl,
obviously.

Cheers,
Levon Barker