On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 12:38:04 -0700, "Michael Adrian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a question re Net::FTP.
> I would like to change the record size when I 'put' the file I'm
> ftp'ing. What argument would I use, if any to do this?

Though I don't know how universal it is (as I am a unix guy not a mainframe one), we
use a 'SITE' command with specific paramaters to set the record type/record length.
Something along the lines of:

LRECL=1331 RECFM=FB

There is a 'site' method that will allow you to send such commands....  It this what
you meant by record size?

my $site = 'LRECL=1331 RECFM=FB';
my $site_result = $ftp->site($site);
unless ($site_result) {
    die "Can't set 'site': " . $ftp->message;
}
print "SITE command successful\n";

http://danconia.org