--On Monday, September 01, 2003 2:53 PM -0700 "Randal L. Schwartz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"Trent" == Trent Rigsbee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Trent> Hi! I've completed "Beginning Perl" by Simon Cozens. What do you Trent> recommend as my next book? I'd like to tackle "Networking Programming Trent> with Perl" by Lincoln Stein or "Win32 Perl Scripting" by Roth but I'm Trent> not sure if I'm ready for these. Should I go for something like Trent> "Learning Perl" or "Programming Perl" before I learn sockets and Win32 Trent> or is it ok to go for it? Thanks!

Well, for the obvious reasons, I recommend Learning Perl followed by
Learning Perl Objects References and Modules.

: -)

Even though you're obviously biased <g>, it's still a good route. I liked "Learning Perl Objects References and Modules" because it gave a systematic treatment of stuff I had picked up in bits and pieces. I'd recommend LPORM because it has necessary knowledge for understanding the code in Stein's networking book.

"The Perl Cookbook" is another excellent resource for picking up useful techniques.

--
David Wall