Dan Muey wrote:

> But the subject says grep? :)

I see.  It is a mailer problem.  If you follow the thread you will see that this
response was
focused on Bob's comment concerning gep on file-names.  I assumed here that the
question
concerned not the specific name of the function, but the logical effect--that of
getting all
matches to a regular expression within a specific domain.   When the domain is
filenames, i.e.
when you seek all files of a given pattern, this logical function can be achieved
using the ls
method of the Net::FTP object.  This capacity, as I said, is clearly not documented,
yet it is
there.

Although I totally agree with Bob's point about grep'ing file contents, it really
never occured
to me that anyone would expect that capability.  It is simply not one of the typical
offerings
of the FTP protocol.  I would look for questions on that more in Net::Telnet, which was
specifically designed for running processes on a remote machine.

Joseph