My local pointy haired boss decided I should learn Perl over the weekend
-- specifically to interact with databases and use in CGI programming.
With the job market being what it is I said "Sure" and picked up
O'Reilly's "Programming Perl".  After a lot of reading I think I
understand the basic structure of the language pretty well, and even can
write some nifty (but perfectly useless) programs.

My question is: when I go in tomorrow and start out is there anything I
should know?  Any suggestions, comments, or general warnings from more
experienced Perl hackers as to what to do and what not to do?

Much thanks in advance,

-Dan