* Ed Yost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003-09-27 14:29]:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a complete newbie to perl and have no programming experience. Do
> any of you have a good recommendation on a book or resource for a
> beginner such as myself?

I'm using O'Reilly's _Learning Perl_ and it's very clear. Like you, I
have no programming experience (except for BASIC and Pascal in high
school over ten years ago of which I remember exactly zero), and find
the book's hand-holding style (jokes, focusing on one specific topic at
a time, building on each concept, etc.) reassuring. I tried using online
tutorials like the other replier suggests, but got lost. I think that
method works if you know something about programming already, because
most of the tutorials I came across (granted, they may not have been the
best ones, and I didn't try hundreds before going for the book) assume a
certain level of familiarity with basic programming concepts which I
didn't have.

--
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 16:17:00 -1000
Linux 2.4.20-20.9

A legion of French Bosoms could not match the lucid beauty of your toenails!

                -- the surreal compliment generator
Marc Adler