--On Saturday, September 27, 2003 8:06 PM -0400 Ed Yost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am a complete newbie to perl and have no programming experience. Do any
of you have a good recommendation on a book or resource for a beginner
such as myself?

A list of good Perl books is maintained at http://learn.perl.org/. I'd suggest either _Learning Perl_ or _Elements of Programming with Perl_. But as "TN" suggested, you could start with "Picking up Perl" <http://www.ebb.org/PickingUpPerl/> for free. That way you haven't spent any money if you decide not to use Perl. (Hey, it can happen :-)

-- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]