Hi,

I'm working on a nice frontend to the Unix::AliaseFile module for managing
'aliases'. In the process I've extended a couple methods in the module and
added a new one.

There is a show_user method that returns all aliases of which a user is a
member; there's also a "Toggle on/off" that uses commenting to deactive but
not delete an alias (our sysadmin likes to do this); rename_user can also
now rename aliases, too, (since an alias might be a member of another alias
list).

My working copy is now called AliasFilePlus.

What do I do with this if I try to share it? The changes to the module
seemed too great (and too complex) for me to place them in the main program
and too little for a submodule. I've updated the docs and wrote "...based
on version xxx of Unix::AliasFile by Steve Snodgrass...", etc.

Right now the main program is set up so:

use lib ".";
use AliasFilePlus;

Should I try to contact the author to ask if he's interested in the
extensions? If this fails, then what?

(After I clean up a couple things I'll post a link to it in case anyone is
interested in sharing critique).

Thanks in advance (list has some good questions lately I see; I will try to
catch up),

-Kevin

--
Kevin Pfeiffer