--On Friday, October 17, 2003 19:08 -0700 "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

How can I convert it to a readable date?

$now=time;

print $now return 1066442632

Time is normally given as the epoch time: the number of seconds since the beginning of the clock under UNIX (Jan 1, 1970).

To change to a more human-readable date, search CPAN. There's modules that can convert that into almost any time format you can think off... (And some you can't.)

I personally have found Time::Format easy to use, but that's just a personal opinion.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.