--On Friday, October 17, 2003 20:38 -0700 "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I know about localtime(time); But I was wondering if there was a
formula out there like 1066442632/60/60/24 that will say today is
say 2003 10 17.

<scratches head>
Gee, I don't know what you're asking for here. I mean, if I wanted to do that I'd use localtime, or I'd use one of the CPAN modules that you've been pointed to. What aren't they doing for you that you need done? I've got a program that outputs time in ISO, english, Discordian, babytalk, Roman, Japanese, French Revolution, Shire, Amerian, European... All off the resources you've already got. Several of those I could have done multiple ways.

If there's any reason they can't do what you want, just say so, and we'll find a way around it. What's the problem?

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.