-------Original Message-------

From: rp_29
Date: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 11:51:50 AM
Subject: RE: Training in the Middle and Far East

Dear Jenda, pls. read thru...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jenda Krynicky [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 5:28 AM

Hence physics is not a science either. You can't do anything in
physics without math.
laws?

Besides, noone said "programming" is a science.
'computer science'. Now you have stepped in with a new philosophical
definition below. Since this is a programming list computer programming
came up to repersent it. Also, it is just hardware + software written to
use that hardware power) But you agree 'programming' is not science. now
after taking out programming out of the things we can/do with computers.
we are only left with system/hardware mntc. task and desgining hardware.
I will try again to explain: someone put up some programming questions
on the list, which seemed dumb to brother Rob. He suggested training in
basic 'computer science' to the people of some region. I only stepped in
to clear the mist that there is no such thing as 'computer science'. It
is just another abused term as 'clothing science', 'fashion science',
'language science' etc...

  Programming is something in between craft, art and science.
philosophy?

But Computer Science or Informatics IS a science. And the fact that
it sits on top of Math and that the border between CS and Math is
rather foggy doesn't make it any less scientific.
All of physics/chemistry and maths is written using english language
does that makes english a science? same with computing languages, they
are just medium. knowning them is no science, if you know no
mathematics, let me see what wonders you can do with any computing
language. you might need to read and re-read my previous posts, that
make things clear.

Desigining computer is science, desigining silicon wafer is science,
writing new logical instruction set is science, Desgining and refining
the hardware is science. But all of it is Physics, Chemistry and maths.
Then what would you put under 'computer science'?? (you have already
taken programming out)

mathematical science is used in computer programming. to highlisght its
complexity or sophistication you may like to call it a science and look
upon yourself as a scientist, but that does not make it so. To explain
anything in this world you DO NOT need computers. In other words you can
solve any mystrey of the material world without ever using a computing
device. BUT you can not do it in absence of laws of physics, chemistry,
mathematics or biology. that proves the difference. These are the true
sciences, everything else(mostly) is the result of the application of
these sciences.

It is another example of western salesmanship at work. Makes you believe
cereals are the best breakfast! (silly no?)

do not want to be rude just clear enough. i like people who ask
question, and who want to know and respect truth.

Jenda
===== [EMAIL PROTECTED] === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
  -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery