Newbie here but hope this helps.

You have a page linked to the frame on the left right?  All you need to
do is have your CGI script write the new page.  You use the info from
the frame on the right and pass the values to your cgi script. Then let
your CGI script write out a new html page using the values you sent it.
Ok heres is the hard part.. All of you pros correct me if I am wrong.

In the past I have use the "use CGI" module.  When you click submit you
need to call
your cgi a certain way to pass the values from the form to it.

http://myfile.cgi?<variablename>=<value>&<variablename>=<value>&<variablename>=<value>&

you need a variablename and value for every variable value pair you need
to send to the CGI.

Once you get to doing the CGI this is your next step.  Make sure you
have
use CGI; and my $q = new CGI; toward the top of the file.

$myvariable = $q->param("<variablename>");
This will take the value sent to the CGI and put it into $myvariable.
After that you just print the value the the html page linked in your
left frame.  I think you will have to do a refresh to get the new
content to show. Hope this helps and hope I am not too terribly off.

PEACE
Beginner....