Eric Walker wrote:

> Newbie here but hope this helps.
>
> You have a page linked to the frame on the left right?  All you need to
> do is have your CGI script write the new page.  You use the info from
> the frame on the right and pass the values to your cgi script. Then let
> your CGI script write out a new html page using the values you sent it.
> Ok heres is the hard part.. All of you pros correct me if I am wrong.
>
> In the past I have use the "use CGI" module.  When you click submit you
> need to call
> your cgi a certain way to pass the values from the form to it.
>
> http://myfile.cgi?<variablename>=<value>&<variablename>=<value>&<variablename>=<value>&

DON'T do this!  CGI was meant for passing form data.  If you are learning CGI, do it
in a
straightforward manner, by putting a form in your web page.  [Note you don't have to
ever
have the user interact with the form or its data, though, but that's a separate topic.]
Just:

<form name="test form" action="cgi-bin/yest_script.pl" mathod="POST">
<inpt type="hidden" name="test data" value="Yahoo, we got it through">
<input type="submit" value="Hit it!">
</form>

Then grab the values sent with your CGI script, using maybe that Vars method.

Don't meddle with the browser's business, unless you are ready to take on the business
of
creating a User Agent froms cratch.

Joseph