Matthew Galaher wrote:

> I am trying to get the width and height attributes of jpg's and gif's
> on a remote server.
> I have found Image::Size and LWP but am unable to put them together so
> that I can open an http path (e.g.
> http://wwwfoobar.com/dirname/dirname/dirname/images/111203.gif) and
> print out the image size. Any help would be appreciated including where
> I might go to read more on this. TIA
>
> My first attempt that failed:

[snip--not yet relevant]

Please show us the code and results when you:

Test Image::Size in isolation, using a local image file of known properites.  Include
any error
messages, the clearly marked lines they refer to, and a description of what happens or
doesn't when you
run it.

Make sure you have:
use strict;
use warnings;
at the top of your script.  People are usually not willing to spend much time on you
problem until you
do.

Test LWP in isolation, getting a known plain text file and reading out the contents.
Include any error
messages, the clearly marked lines they refer to, and a description of what happens or
doesn't when you
run it.

Make sure you have:
use strict;
use warnings;
at the top of your script.  People are usually not willing to spend much time on you
problem until you
do.

Joseph