Would someone please help me to use CPAN to update / install modules.

I'm using ActiveState Perl 5.6, on winXP.

I'm fairly sure its happening because I stupidly set up all my programs
below a 'My Programs' directory with an embedded space.

The messages I get are typically like these :

============ start of CPAN messages =================
Running install for module CPAN
Running make for A/AN/ANDK/CPAN-1.76.tar.gz
Fetching with LWP:
  ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/CPAN/authors/id/A/AN/ANDK/CPAN-1.76.tar.gz
Fetching with LWP:
  ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/CPAN/authors/id/A/AN/ANDK/CHECKSUMS
Checksum for C:\My
Programs\DOWNLOADS\sources\authors\id\A\AN\ANDK\CPAN-1.76.tar
.gz ok
CPAN-1.76/
CPAN-1.76/lib/
CPAN-1.76/lib/CPAN.pm
CPAN-1.76/lib/CPAN/
CPAN-1.76/lib/CPAN/Admin.pm
CPAN-1.76/lib/CPAN/Nox.pm
CPAN-1.76/lib/CPAN/FirstTime.pm
CPAN-1.76/lib/Bundle/
CPAN-1.76/lib/Bundle/CPAN.pm
CPAN-1.76/t/
CPAN-1.76/t/loadme.t
CPAN-1.76/t/vcmp.t
CPAN-1.76/t/signature.t
CPAN-1.76/t/mirroredby.t
CPAN-1.76/t/Nox.t
CPAN-1.76/PAUSE2003.pub
CPAN-1.76/MANIFEST
CPAN-1.76/MANIFEST.SKIP
CPAN-1.76/scripts/
CPAN-1.76/scripts/cpan
CPAN-1.76/META.yml
CPAN-1.76/BUNDLE/
CPAN-1.76/BUNDLE/Test/
CPAN-1.76/BUNDLE/Test/Builder.pm
CPAN-1.76/BUNDLE/Test/More.pm
CPAN-1.76/Todo
CPAN-1.76/ChangeLog
CPAN-1.76/Changes.old
CPAN-1.76/Makefile.PL
CPAN-1.76/README
CPAN-1.76/SIGNATURE

  CPAN.pm: Going to build A/AN/ANDK/CPAN-1.76.tar.gz

'C:\My' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Running make test
  Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't test
Running make install
  Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't install
Bundle summary: The following items in bundle Bundle::CPAN had
installation
problems:
  File::Spec Digest::MD5 Compress::Zlib Archive::Tar Bundle::libnet
  Term::ReadKey CPAN::WAIT CPAN and the following items had problems
during
  recursive bundle calls: Data::Dumper Net::Cmd Net::Telnet

============== end of CPAN messages =================

Any help would really be appreciated.

Regards,
Barry.