Joseph wrote:

> > I don't mind it for source files, but having to type "foo.pl" to run
> > the "foo" command strikes me as excessive user hostility.
>
> ..and so does double-clicking on the script icon?

Which, to be fair, doesn't allow any command-line parameters apart
from those that you thought of yesterday.

Windows uses a graphical interface with a nervous nod towards
command-line interaction. It is largely sculpted by marketing
considerations.

Similarly, Unix uses a command-line interface with bolt-on
graphics capability. Its course of life has been the result
of user bigotry.

It's up to individuals whether they choose to cross swords or
shake hands.

Rob