"R. Joseph Newton" wrote:

> "Randal L. Schwartz" wrote:
>
> > Rob>  Perl modules are in *.pm.
>
> > Yes, this is enforced by Perl.

> ...  Perl does use the extension
> system for identifying modules under Windows.  It looks specifically for files
> with the .pm extension.
>
> I just checked. ...

> So what is the Perl issue here?

Whoops, I forgot that Randal had covered this point.  This still seems a bit strange,
that a system that Perl itself uses to keep track of file types should be such an
object of scorn when made available through an operating system.  I totally forgot,
by the time I got to addressing .pm, that extensions in any context could be other
than Evil in Randal's universe.

Joseph