> > > Thanks again...!
> >
> > No sweat!
>
> Everything makes sense and I appreciate your answering me.
> Now, I assume the script has to be executable .... so I will
> need telnet access.  I tried
> (instead) to use a perl script I have that does ftp
> (including site->chmod)
> -- assuming I can't telnet.  Anyway, I use this script all
> the time for work and I CAN connect to my ISP from Unix and
> list files..... but when I tried running the "equivalent"
> perl script I have, it wouldnt even let me log in (but did
> connect at least).  Is this a firewall problem?  And if so,
> why would native FTP still work?  (again, I was only using
> perl/ftp to do a chmod).
>
> I'll call my ISP to get other questions answered.

All those ar egood questions specific to your isp.
You don't have to telnet or ssh in to chmod you can do it
in any ftp client. (Perl, WS-FTP, Etc)
If you ftp it up in binary it won't work and the chmod has
to be an proper value to mak eit execuatble.
Perhaps the  script you have uses a module not installed on
the other server, who knows? Wll besdies your isp I mean :)

DMuey