Paul Kraus wrote:
I need to beef up on my UNIX skills. Are major server is running Sco
Open server.

Will this book benefit me or is there another I should look at.

Not on topic and I apologize but beyond perl the list seems to have many
UNIX enthusiasts.

I would echo the comments about the "Essential Sys Admin" book from ORA, but would also suggest the Practical Unix and Internet Security book depending on your needs and current level of comfort. http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/puis3/

Aside from diving into the books for a sleeping aid I would highly suggest getting some spare hardware and downloading a distro of Linux and firing it up. Best way for many (most?) people to learn is by actually doing, while I won't suggest trying stuff out on your "major server" having a box to break is an important asset. Of course we all know how SCO will feel about that, you will of course then owe them hordes of money because you are dastardly evil IP thefter ;-)....

For me the nutshell books rank as decent quick references but not much better, I prefer ORA's other efforts.

http://danconia.org

-- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]