B.A., Computer Science, -- when ? -- I recall an assignment to write
microcode for the "latest" Intel processor at that time, the 8088 (we had
a choice between that and the Motorola 68??).

I'd like to know how many in the list  - employed for their perl skills -
learned perl on their own (practice, forums, books, et. al. ) and how many
attended formal classes ...? (I'd looking to break out of a
non-challenging career in mainframe work :^>  )

thanks ji