I'm scared with this opinions. I don't know what you learn in that side of
the Atlantic but from this side the University is very important. Most of
all, for learning how to think.

Anyone can do hacker programming but for doing software engineering you need
to know a little bit more. I have worked with all kind of persons:
physician, mathematician, web designers, ... And most of there work stinks,
the only words I can find to describe there work is "hacker programmers".

Marcos