> > > The thing is I get "Sending...Done" everytime but never a
> > dleivery and
> > > no hinf tof it in the logs. On one server I needed to use smtp
> > > authentication but that set $@ and said connection

This part of it was completely stupid on my part:

I was doing if($@) { ...

I added if($@ || $Mail::Sender::Error) { ...

And guess what? It gave me the error message. Duh, what a moron!

So now it said "Connection not established" for
the local sending to remote, which I would think would
be the easiest one, especially since:

Local to local is ok.
Remote to local is ok.
I'm not doing any remote to remote.

But authentication made my mail servers start sending it but I'm still not sure why my
mail server would insist on authentication in one case but not the other.

Oh well, whaddayado!

Dan