Dan Muey wrote:
I don't understand why you include $split in the new file. The text I want to get replace is from and including that line to the end of the file.

Because you said you want to replace the stuff after $split.
And in your modified version it seemed like you were writing the data you split on in the variable $newhtml which now it seems was simply an html comment.

Well, that HTML comment will eventually become the new footer. ATM, I just wanted it to print something so that I could see that it was actually working.

--
Andrew Gaffney
System Administrator