On Jan 13, 2004, at 1:02 PM, Paul Kraus wrote:

On a Linux system how can I remove the 5.6 rpm and then install the 5.8.2
from source and still maintain dependencies? If something is looking for
perl how do I make sure that it upgrades correctly?

This is probably a bit odd, but why not skip the part where you remove the 5.6 rpm and simply do the build and install of 5.8.2 ???

You can of course visit say
<http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/index.html>

there appear to be several perl-5.8.2 rpm's
for various versions of linux...

which of course would be the more traditional solution,
do a 5.8.2 upgrade by rpm and then STOMP on it with
your own build...

ciao drieux

---