> This should allow you to do an upgrade rather then remove and upgrade.

If it's possible to do that (and have it actually work), does that mean that
it's only on Windows (with ActiveState Perl) that Perl 5.6 and 5.8 are not
binary compatible for XS modules? If not, I would think that simply
upgrading Perl and not all the other modules you have installed would
seriously bork the install...

Honestly, I didn't know that was just an ActiveState thing.

J-S

Jean-Sébastien Guay
Conseiller