Paul Kraus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > (I love emacs, but vi is my tool of choice day-to-day ... much
> > quicker .... vim is even better if you have it)
>  Why? I started with emacs just because it happened to be the 1st
> I heard
> about. Since you know both why does vim appeal to you over emacs?
> Other then
> size.

I started off with the emacs version originally put out by MIT in
the 80s.  Loved it.  Then came along gnuemacs, gemacs, xemacs, etc.
 All great improvements.

Simply stated, running 'vi' from the command line (ie, start-up) is
faster than *emacs.  BUT, a TRUE emacs-person would rarely exit
from it and run everything within it's extensive environment.

To be honest?  I can't remember half of the commands in emacs.  But
as stated, it is simply faster for most day-to-day tasts.

JW