Incidently, emacs has a 'dired mode' (directory editor) which is
very nice... much like the old 'list' shareware in DOS land of the
dark past.... you can bring up a list of files (like 'ls -l'), then
view and selectively execute or delete all that you mark.  It's
very nice, and it can also be used when accessing remote servers.
Not to mention it allows syntax highlighting.

As driex pointed out, it is the start-up time that is preferred in
vi/vim.  But again, a true emacs die-hard never exits the "editor"
and does all his/her tasks inside the of it.

Not to mention, the learning curve for emacs is horrific.

JW

~~~~~~~~~