From: Larry Guest [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2004 11:22 PM
To: 'Randal L. Schwartz'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Redirect stdout, stderr to file and stdout

This is very close.

But the script hangs and wont exit the "tee" command.

I ran the script using "strace" and it sits there like this.

write(1, "Backup and Replication is comple"..., 65Backup and Replication
is complete for mysite.com
) = 65
close(3)                                = 0
munmap(0x401fd000, 4096)                = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGHUP, {SIG_IGN}, {SIG_DFL}, 8) = 0 rt_sigaction(SIGINT,
{SIG_IGN}, {SIG_DFL}, 8) = 0 rt_sigaction(SIGQUIT, {SIG_IGN}, {SIG_DFL},
8) = 0 wait4(3576,

And a ps-ef looks like this.

root      3576  3575  0 02:19 pts/0    00:00:00 tee YourLogFileHere

I have a close (TEE); at the end as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks