On Feb 4, Dan Muey said:

># for old time's sake we'll just use our favorite module
>use Foo::Monkey qw(:Foo :Bar -doamazingthings);

Well, depending on what you want to do with the arguments, you might want
to use the Exporter module to handle exporting functions, variables, etc.

  perldoc perlmod (look for "Perl Modules")
  perldoc Exporter

When you say

  use Module qw( args go here );

this is translated into

  BEGIN {
    require Module;
    Module->import(qw( args go here ));
  }

Thus, you need an 'import' method in Module::.

  package Module;

  sub import {
    my $class = shift;
    print "You gave me (@_)\n";