Joel wrote:

> I'll post the code tommorow. I just need to change all the room descriptions
> and items, since the the characters and places depicted in the game are
> copyrighted. I wrote it as a fan work.

You'll find lots of support here Joel. I fondly remember playing
Dungeon on a 12-bit PDP8. The biggest task in writing something
like that is preparing the data.

It's actually perfect for an object-oriented solution: each room has a name,
a description, a brief description, a list of exits, a list of contents
(items), a lit/unlit state etc. Each exit has a direction, a destination
and a door. Each item has a name, a description, possibly list of
contents, possibly a list of states etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing your code. I hope very much that we don't
highjack it!

Rob