On Wednesday 03 March 2004 21:57, Bob Showalter generously enriched virtual
reallity by making up this one:

Hi,

> > - "1 while wait() > 0"
>
> That just reaps the exit statuses to prevent zombies; the children have
> already exited (otherwise the loop wouldn't have exited.) You might want
> the exit statuses or not. You can also usually use $SIG{CHLD} = 'IGNORE'
> prior to the forking loop if you don't care about exit statuses. see
> "perldoc perlipc"

Uh, I appologize - anyway, could you explain that last part to me?
Do you create zombies if you dont handle the exit status of you child by
either wait()ing or setting the signal handler? An what does that zombie do
anyway.

Thx, wolf