Bob Showalter wrote:
Price, Jason wrote:

Hmm...I guess that's the majority of the script.  :)  I can follow
what it does, but I'm not entirely sure why it does it.

Also, is there any way I can self-contain the output from each child
process?

You can use a separate pipe for each child, but now you have the problem of
reading from multiple handles, which requires using select() or some such. I
go with Wolf's recommendation of having the child pass back his identity
with each message. You can use the identity to split the output back into
arrays or whatever.

This is where I do my usual little dance, though untimely as it may be in this case, across the stage and say "POE" then exit again as if I was still on vacation....

Though in this case I might be a tad more specific and say POE::Wheel::Run...

http://danconia.org