Serguei Krivov wrote:
Bill,
Would it not be better to post (copy) this message and the following postings to perl.tips oriented for beginners (like me)
http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tips
Later it is going to be much easier to search perl.tips with 8 messages posted up to date then go through 61314 messages in perl.beginners.

Yes. But wouldn't it be only 61_314Base36 messages? :)

Most people learning Perl (or just about any other language) don't REALLY read the documentation until their 5th or 10th program. if I am any example of a typical non-programmer most won't understand a lot of the documentation until their 20th.

I am both pleased and annoyed that I have gotten very little flames over my How To posting -- not that I want to annoy people, I don't; I am simply trying to condense certain questions and thoughts that I myself had when I was starting out so that others may say 'Ohhhhhh ... I see.'

So, while it seems I would be planning on posting the complete Perl Reference Pocket book - I won't be - you beginners can all go out and buy a copy since it is less than 20USD in most parts of the world.

Cheers!
-Bill-
http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/