R. Joseph Newton wrote:

Better just to respond to the situations as they arise.  Sometimes this will mean
pointing a person back to a recent thread that they *really
should have* read themselves before posting.  Sometimes a thread may also lead to
other questions about the approach a person is taking to
learning Perl, or to structuring problems.  Message threads can take some interesting
courses, and it is not only more spontaneous, but  also
more information-efficient, to make the knowledge meaningful in its context, to find
the teachable moment.

I agree - so I am totally talked out of the 'how to' thread.

I would rather not alienate anyone who is helping if people feel its not contributing.

-Bill- __Sx__________________________________________ http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/