Hello,

I'm looking at the perl cookbook example on how to create a record data
type:

  $record = {
    NAME   => "Jason",
    EMPNO  => 132,
    TITLE  => "deputy peon",
    AGE    => 23,
    SALARY => 37_000,
    PALS   => [ "Norbert", "Rhys", "Phineas"],
};

# store record
$byname{ $record->{NAME} } = $record;

Is it possible to add another key:value-pair to $record  *after*  its
already been saved in %byname? For example, if I want to add
'phone => 999-9999' to $record for Jason. How do I do that?

I tried the following but it doesn't work and gives an error.

 $byname { $record->{"Jason"}->PHONE } = '999-9999'; # error undefined val

I keep looking at the syntax but it's not sinking in.

thanks,  Chee