Not the prettiest way but here is how I check if File::Find is installed:

 perldoc -X File::Find

Like I said, it's not pretty.  I figure there wouldn't be a doc on the machine if the
module wasn't there.  Bad presumtion I know.  Still, maybe someone can help educate
us.  I'm a sorta perl-newbie now (yes.. I can be taught!)