Please post to the list when possible so others can contribute/benefit. Thanks. Comments inline below:

On 03/15/04 22:56, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I tried running the install commands in PPM and got this:

'Retrieving package 'DBD'...
Error installing package 'DBD' : Could not locate a PPD file for package DBD'

There is no package for DBD (I think).

I get the same thing when I try running the 'install DBD-ODBC'.

Hmm, that should work. What do you get when you 'search DBD-ODBC'? What about 'install DBI'?

The version of PERL I have is 2.1.

That can't be right. What is the output of 'perl -v'?

If I didn't mention it before, you can find the latest ActiveState Perl release at <http://www.activestate.com>.

I'm not sure how I can get them installed. If you have any suggestions I sure could use them. I hope I'm not taking up too much of your time, I appreciate the help.

Not sure how much I can help as I don't really use ppm myself (I have compilers and build my modules manually). You might want find someone better suited to helping on the ppm mailing-list <http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/> (There are some other good lists on that page too), but I'll try to help here if I can.

P.S - If this helps at all this is the first error message I got when I tried running the program the first time:

'Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC <@INC contains: C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib .> at addCustomersWeb.pl line 12.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at addCustomersWeb.pl line 12.'

That does confirm that DBI is not installed.