In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Wc -Sx- Jones) writes:
>HOW-TO of the Month Club (end Of MARCH Edition)
>
>(Even though many of you *flamed* me - _I'mmmm baaaack_  :)
>
>This edition I will show you how to declare variables
>WITHOUT using *my* $var everywhere...
[snip dangerous advice]

This is reprehensible.  If you want to post an article on
the lines of, "Hey, look, all those people, books, articles,
and classes telling you to use lexical variables are wrong,
and I'll prove it!", then by all means put it somewhere
where it can be dissected or ignored as appropriate.  But
putting it in front of beginners who may not have acquired
the knowledge of which apparent expert to pay attention to
is unfair to them.

I am not going to rebut your article technically, because
to do so would expose beginners to unnecessary confusion;
people who have just started learning Perl should not be
led to think that so simple a matter as variable declaration
should be so fraught with complexity and contention.  I
suggest you take your article to comp.lang.perl.misc and
ask whether people there think it is appropriate advice for
beginners.

--
Peter Scott
http://www.perldebugged.com/