Webmaster wrote:
I am on a new server and have discovered the Directories in the
CGI-BIN are visible to everybody.

Your question is very much off topic. This list is for Perl, not for configuration of web servers.

My first advice would be to leave the server for a sensibly configured
one.

This is, if a type www.mysite.com/cgi-bin  I get a list of all the
files and subdirectories, and so for every subdirectory.

I had never had this issue.

What is the best permission for my directories?

Ask your hosting provider.

The other way would be to place an index.html file in every
directory causein the files not to get listed, but I'm sure there's
a correct way to do it.

There are better ways, and the natural thing to do is asking your provider to fix it. For the case it's an Apache web server, you might be able to prevent indexing by uploading an .htaccess file to your cgi-bin with the applicable directive. See the Apache documentation.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson