Lrmk wrote:
I used to upload the pm files in to a directory using a FTP program
and in to a folder in my web site and add the full path of that
directory in to the @INC array in each of the perl scripts that
uses that module and then inport the module. So far it worked for
me.

ex:-
if your module is MyModule.pm ant it is uploaded to
/home/myuser/my_module_store

add this code to your scripts

unshift @INC '/home/myuser/my_module_store';
use MyModule;

That does not work. unshift() is executed at run time, while use statements are executed at compile time. You can do

    unshift @INC '/home/myuser/my_module_store';
    require MyModule;

or

    BEGIN { unshift @INC '/home/myuser/my_module_store' }
    use MyModule;

or

    use lib '/home/myuser/my_module_store';
    use MyModule;

I am not sure whether this works for complex modules that has c
compiled files in it.

Typically it doesn't.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson