All,

Suppose I have a number of lines in a latex file like this:

\backans{If $x=y^{2n}$ and $z=y^{3n}_{11}$, then we can substitute
        to find a solution.}

I'd like to scan the file and replace all of these with this format:

\begin{answer}
If $x=y^{2n}$ and $z=y^{3n}_{11}$, then we can substitute
to find a solution.
\end{answer}

I'm looking for suggestions as to how to make this change with my perl
script. I am puzzled by the use of nested braces and how I can be sure I've
got everything between the opening and closing brace.

Thanks.