I want to write a basic http download ( text/binary) script using
IO::Socket. Does anyone have any examples anywhere.

I know ,everyone must be wondering why I cant use ready modules like
LWP.
Well I want to auto transfer files to different remote machines. and
these machines ( in all flavors of unix/linux ) dont have tools like
LWP/ftp/wget/lynx etc and I cant install these on the machines

So I plan to
run Apache http on my machine with these files
run a telnet script from my machine, that will login to these machines
and 'write' a simple perl script and then run it from the remote machine
and download the necessary files

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Ramprasad