Great, thanks for the help!

-Mike

On Jul 3, 2004, at 2:16 PM, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:

Michael S. Robeson II wrote:
No, your post was not in the last e-mail digest I received,

I see. Sometimes I think that digest mode for mailing lists is a nuisance. ;-)

But the link you provided seems to clear things up for me. So, it's
not about the order of operation but the timing of when the
variables actually get defined.
That is, during the beginning of the loop since the values are not
defined then they are ignored. When the loop proceeds again these
values (at this point) are now defined because of the previous
iteration of the loop has set the values from the else statement?

Yep, that's it.

I would suggest that you to post the above comment to the list, too.

Rgds,
Gunnar