So I guess to automate a script daily, and save it under a name that includes the date
can only be done with "rename()" function? Or is there a work around that includes a
module? If so, please let me know.

Regards.
JC

"Randal L. Schwartz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]

Jason> How can i rename a file or create a file with the date
Jason> included? For example, I want to automate and run reports and
Jason> save the reports under the date of when they were created
Jason> i.e. JC07082004. Whats the easiest way to do this? Thanks, JC

If you're on Unix, it's impossible. Creation dates/times are not
recorded.