Good point!

Gunnar Hjalmarsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:
> thank you everyone for the replies. one quick question though. is
> it customary to thank people for replies? or does it just cause
> more unecessary traffic on the newsgroup?

I'm pretty new here, and don't know for sure if it's considered
customary on this list or not, but I have a view.

I consider myself to be relatively human, and assume that others who
answer questions here do, too. ;-) IMO, saying "thanks" is good
manners here just like in the rest of the world.

One observation I have made is that this list sometimes looks like a
help desk forum: Somebody asks a question, and get one or a few
replies, and that's it. I don't know if that's how it's supposed to
be, but personally I would like to see more of follow-up comments on
posted suggestions, both from the original posters and from others. I
believe that everyone would benefit from such exchange of thoughts.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson